I am pleased to welcome Author Karen Ingalls to my site today. Please help me make her feel welcome.
A BLOG IS A POWERFUL WRITING TOOL
A blog is a powerful tool for everyone who wants to promote a product, a cause, an idea, or themselves. As an author, my two blogs have helped me sell books, and equally important, connect with other authors.
My other blog is about health/wellness, relationships, spirituality, and ovarian cancer. Through my blogs I have reached thousands of people around the world to bring them information and inspiration.
Here are some important tips to make your blog more successful:
- Keep your topic between 300-500 words. Most people do not want to read a lengthy blog. We are a society that wants concise and well-written information.
- Using photos, diagrams, or quotes can add interest or reinforce the essence of the message. Be sure to give credit to the source.
- Check your spelling and grammar. Poorly written blogs will not fare well.
- Respond to comments. If someone has taken the time to write a question or comment, it is only polite and respectful to respond to them in a timely manner.
- Build a subscriber list by collecting emails from everyone you encounter. Have a sign-up sheet at any presentation. Be sure to set up a place for people to “follow you.”
- Invite others to do guest blogs. Follow other bloggers and leave comments. Post other blogs that fit well with your blog being sure to give correct credit.
- Have your topic current with today’s world. There are millions of subjects to blog about no matter what your purpose as a blogger is. Just Google words or subjects and you will find a plethora of information.
- Provide links.
- Enjoy writing your blog. If it is a negative experience, it will be sensed by the reader.
Pick up a copy of Karen’s book online:
Follow Karen online:
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Until next time………………………………… Stay creative!!