Hi! I’m Marlena Smith, but everyone calls me Marly or Mar.
I prefer to call myself a creative soul, even though writing is my top priority. My passions extend beyond that though, like to photography and baking. Of course, we can’t forget about my family. Some by blood, many by choice. They keep me grounded.
Ok, back to the writing. I’ve had a love of words for as long as I can remember. Reading was a major pastime for me growing up and is still one of my favorite things today. If only I had more time to devote to it. Curse you, adulthood! I suppose my love of reading and escaping into new worlds contributed to my passion for writing. I mean, there isn’t much better than getting lost in your own imagination. It’s an incredible place to be!
I enjoy writing so much, not only have I self-published some books, but I also have three websites. Each site is devoted to a different niche-books and writing; lifestyle and pop culture; true crime, history, and haunts. What can I say? My mind is that of a true writer. All over the place!
Bonus Fun Facts
- I’m a horror nerd.
- I’d rather be behind the camera taking pictures than in front of it posing.
- I absolutely love to cook but am not one to stick to instructions. I put my spin on most everything I cook or bake.
- I’d rather carry a knife than a gun. Knives are just a more handy tool.
- I have a fear of drowning.
- I’m a strong believer in spirits, good and bad. I feel like my being an empath greatly contributes to this.
- I’ve battled mental health for many years but am finally in a good place.
- I love the smell of lavender.
- I despise driving, especially when I have passengers.
- I’m obsessed with learning the background of true crime stories.